Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resolving To Not Resolve?

We are now almost two weeks into the year 2010 and I am wondering how everyone is doing with their New Years Resolutions? I was tempted this year to make a resolution to not make resolutions because I generally fall flat on my face and then feel guilty about not following through. After some thought I decided that I actually enjoyed refocusing and setting goals for the year so I did not resolve to not resolve.

One of the things that I decided to do was to make sure that I was reading at least one book a month (apart from the ones that I generally read for work). Currently I am reading "Strength To Love" by Martin Luther King Jr. so feel free to ask me how I am doing and if I finish it by the end of January.

What are some of the things you resolved to do in the year 2010? Maybe if we let others know what they are we will actually accomplish them. There just might be something to living in community that makes us better people -- some church out there should try and build around that idea someday ;)

Jayson

No comments: