Friday, August 29, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
When: Saturday, September 13, from 9am - high noon
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
This event is not limited to babies it is open for all children who have not been dedicated or baptized.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
People from 21 states and six countries will join us tonight for the Buckhead Night of Worship Live Webcast at 7:30 pm EST. How cool is that?
We want this to be a great on-line worship experience for you so here are a few tips in preparation for the night:
• While it might seem different to take communion via the webcast, Buckhead actually did this as a church prior to their move to the new building. People loved it.
• If you or your small group want to take communion during our time together, here is a guideline that might help: Celebrating Communion
• You will be able to comment on-line during the webcast. Please feel free to share your prayer requests and to pray for others as well. That’s part of the webcast experience.
• Please be sure to refresh the site often so that you stay updated with the latest on-line comments.
That’s it for now.
Praying for a great night!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I'm asking our incredible staff to write down and reflect over the following three sets of questions. I would like you to do the same. Carve out time (I know that’s easier said than done) and comment here on how you would answer one or all of these three questions.
1. Are you praying BIG? What are you asking God to do in your life, both personally and for your church? As Andy asked us in January, “What are you praying BIG for?”
2. What is currently breaking your heart? Is it also breaking God’s heart? A match of those two questions might just be God’s will for your life.
3. What are you doing to stay motivated? (This is an extremely important questions because the person ultimately responsible for keeping you motivated is…. You.
I’ll let you know my answers to one or all of these questions in a few days....
Monday, August 11, 2008
In preparation for our big Fall kick-off series, Letters to the Next President, I would like to ask you, oh faithful blog readers, to do two things.
1. Watch the series promo video below.
2. Begin to pray for the person you will invite to NorthBridge for this series. It starts September 7.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Our volunteers rock! They really do. As our one year anniversary approaches, we thought it best to take a moment to just say “Thanks!”. On Sunday the 24th please wear your INVOLVED T-shirt. We’ll take a moment to honor you during the service and have an opportunity for new folks to sign up and “get involved” afterward. ~Jame
One comment that has been circulating throughout our staff discussions recently comes from Craig Groeschel, Senior Pastor of Lifechurch.tv:
“To reach people no one else is reaching we must do things no one else is doing.”
Okay, NorthBridge blog community, what do you think we should do to reach people that no one else is reaching? I’ve got my ideas but I’m interested in yours.
Just click on “comment” below.
On Thursday, August 14 at 7:30 pm EST, Buckhead Church will be hosting a Night of Worship. This will be broadcast live from the Buckhead blog.
During communion, they are going to ask those in attendance to spend some time praying for our church! The names of all the Strategic & Global X partners will appear on the screen during this time and they will then pray for us.
They are also working on a way where you can comment on-line during the broadcast as well. This might be a good idea for your small groups or maybe something you check out on your own. Just have some bread and juice ready!