Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday From Haiti

Here is the latest from the Davis family. Please pray that they will be able to get these containers released.

Friday the 22nd

I guess it's not as easy to keep this going as I had hoped. So much going on and trying to keep things organized is a bit difficult. BUT I am here now, so wanted to send some pictures of the inspection of the container. We need a LOT of prayer right now for this whole thing. Our broker gave us the price for the TWO containers (one which we haven't even seen yet). But some of the fees are way out of line, so am trying to deal with those. The UN has offered to help missions release things, so will probably check into that today, if I have time. Our house has become like a whirlwind, with a revolving door for people to come and check things, ask for things, and try to change things. And a lot of these we have no answer for. But I guess they think we have some sort of connection with people we don't even know. Anyway, here are some of the pictures, so you can see where we are with the first container this year. Keep praying!!!

Okay the first picture is opening the door. Stan does such a fantastic job of packing these things that they are STUFFED right to the door. Every square inch is used. So, you open the door carefully.He included the boxes from the things he "stuffed" with, so we could repack them. Smart man, huh? And we also brought along tons of trash can liners to help with the overflow.
If you look close, you can see things packed between the boxes that needed to be bagged.
What a blessing these buckets are. They are the main part of our "bucket ministry". They serve many purposes for the people...holding the food we send, then for hauling water, and even for storing things once they are not in use otherwise.I'm not sure if you can see the boxes here, but this is the main thing we needed this container for right now...the rice meals to share with those in desperate need, coming from Port au Prince. And the thing you can't see, the hundreds of jars of peanut butter. These are important for protein. It's something simple, yet nutritious. Now we need to start praying that we can get it out here and start getting it to those who need it. They will be going to many, many places where people are housing the refugees and also to orphanages. But even these places are taking in more, and at times more than they can really handle, but the need is so great, they won't refuse to help.

The team from our home church left on Tuesday and our son and grandson left yesterday. What a let down for us. They were a huge help with everything. I had a melt down last night when nothing seemed to be working right and all things seemed to be going wrong. It wasn't one particular thing, just everything adding up and getting to me. I'm much better today and know that the Lord is in charge, and no matter what happens, HE will be triumphant. I'm keeping one hand on HIM while the other one does the work.

Keep praying...the people are flooding in to Cap, and there aren't many places for them to go. Pray for peace and quiet. Pray for wisdom for everyone involved in the relief efforts going out. And pray for the Lord to touch and move people toward Him through this whole maelstrom.

I sent out an email last night, and I'd like to copy it here for those who didn't get it. It was sent to me by a friend and it's so true.

Thank you

LORD, I just want to say THANK YOU,
Because this morning I woke up and knew where my children were.
Because this morning my home was still standing.
Because this morning I am not crying because my husband, my child, my brother or sister needs to be dug out from underneath a pile of concrete.
Because this morning I was able to drink a glass of water.
Because this morning I was able to turn on the light.
Because this morning I was able to take a shower.
Because this morning I was not planning a funeral.
But most of all I thank you this morning because I still have life and a voice to cry out for the people of Haiti.

LORD, I cry out to you, the One that makes the impossible, possible, the One that turns darkness into light. I cry out that You give those mothers strength, that You give them peace that surpasses all understanding, that You may open the streets so that help can come, that You may provide doctors, nurses, food, water, and all that they need in a blink of an eye. For all those that have lost family members, give them peace, give them hope, and give them courage to continue to go on! Protect the children and shield them with Your power. I pray all this in the name of Jesus!! AMEN

No comments: