Monday, November 17, 2008

Extra, Extra!

Ok people.  Let's just dive in and attempt to answer the following question(s): 

How much do you need? If you were to strip away all the extras, where could you draw the line financially? Then, based on what you need, how much extra do you have?

If you're like me, you've now created a scenario where there is one car, everyone in the family is eating rice and beans, the thermostat turns back to 55 at night and up to a toasty 60 during the day, we all buy our clothes at the thrift store and the cable has been traded for rabbit ears.  Even without taking those "drastic measures" the point has been made. There is extra and it's more than I thought.

So, Do you have extra? If so, how will you give generously out of it?
Comment below,
jame

3 comments:

Rhys said...

I won't lie, being a college student I KNOW for a fact that there is extra but a struggle for us is WHERE IS IT? My recent goal graduating soon is to begin searching for ways to give back what I have both material and personally. I know it will be hard to do so now with everything going on but I am encouraged as we've been watching this series. I look forward to see how the Lord and I come to an understanding and move forward.

AWESOME STUFF.

Jayson and Katy said...

We try to live below our means so that whenever an opportunity to give comes up we don't ask if we should give we are able to ask how much we can give.

nick and dana said...

we have extra stuff...dana and i have a lot of it. we served the homeless on last tuesday. they need clothes. we have extra clothes. we all have extra clothes. homeless people do not. its not rocket science.

give you extra clothes away. most of us have jackets or shoes we will never wear again.