Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Stop It!

So I'm surfing around the other day and come across one of my favorite clips. Makes me laugh every time. Only this time, after watching it, I was left thinking. What things in my life do I need to "just stop"? What about you?


Imagine with me what would happen this week if, through the power of Christ, we "Just Stopped"...
...bringing our work home.
...making excuses for not inviting that friend to church.
...worrying about the future.
...whatever is getting in the way of our spending regular time with God.
...living beyond our means.
..._______________________

You can listen to Jayson & I discuss this topic further over on the podcast page.
Walk On,
Jame

3 comments:

Jame said...

I can let fear and worry about the future consume me. The future of the Church, my children, people I'm investing in.... What's shocking is how often my thoughts concerning the future, the different scenarios of it that play out in my imagination, are void of God. Just me and just some stupid attempt to prepare myself. Prepare myself for whatever situation might come my way. Then, since I'm prepared, I can control it. Idiot!

This needs to STOP. I don't control anything. Never have and never will. God does. I see evidence of Him in my past. Through the power of Jesus in my present I will trust Him with the my future.

jame

Unknown said...

I LOVE this video!!! Makes me laugh with glee but also makes me sad that so many of us are that lady! As a healthcare provider, I spend the majority of my day telling people to "just stop it" - in a variety of ways but still the same point. The sooner we realize we are NOT in control, the healthier we'll all be.

Unknown said...

This was very funny. I have never seen it before. I am very much like this lady. I worry about everything. I am always telling myself that God is in control and I "give my problems to God"...however, do I really actually do that? If I did, I don't think I would continue to worry about everything. I know God is in control...I just have a very hard time accepting it...